Platform bed frames are a vacation rental owner’s best friend for reasons such as versatility, cost-efficiency, and stability.
So what exactly is a platform bed frame and how do they compare to your standard bed frame? Platform beds are typically simple in design, made out of wood or metal, and sit lower to the ground. They can come legless in a solid block or have smaller legs with a slatted surface.
So, what’s not to love? Let’s break it down further:
- Versatility: They are typically easy to set up, support virtually any mattress type, and can fit into any unit’s aesthetic.
- Cost-efficiency: You don’t need a box spring which will save you hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars in the long run. If your unit has multiple beds that you need to prop up – goodbye bed skirts and box spring wraps!
- Stability: Platform bed frames are closer to the ground and offer maximum mattress support, which helps to mitigate a sleeper’s back pain that might occur more frequently if the base were to be wobbly or off-balance.
Here are some great contract-grade (aka highly durable) options from the Williams-Sonoma brands (West Elm, Pottery Barn & Rejuvenation) that will be able to last longer than your typical furniture.
Consider becoming a member to receive a significant discount on these items!
- Simple Wood Design – this Mateo Platform Bed from Pottery Barn is a timeless classic that’s budget-friendly.
- Natural Design – this Point Reyes Bed from Williams Sonoma Home is a great option for beach rentals.
- Upholstered Design – for a cozy & comfortable feel, we love this Layton Upholstered Platform Bed from Pottery Barn.
- Extra Storage Design – this Sussex Storage Platform Bed from Pottery Barn is a great way to leave extra linens & pillows for guests in a discreet way.
We hope you found this post helpful! If you’re interested in furnishing your vacation rental at half the cost, join HostGPO FREE for the first three months with no commitments where we offer 30-75% off your favorite brands such as West Elm and Pottery Barn.
Read more management related articles.