Whether vacation rental hosts should provide travel size or regular size amenities is a debate that has been going on for quite some time. On one hand, providing full-size amenities offers guests a more comfortable stay and can be less costly for the host. On the other hand, providing travel size amenities can be more convenient and safer for the host.
Pros of Offering Full-Size Amenities:
- Comfort: Full-size amenities can provide guests who are staying for an extended period of time with a more comfortable and luxurious stay. With full-sized amenities, guests don’t have to worry about running out of supplies and having to purchase extra items mid-trip.
- Cost: Although initially more expensive to purchase, full-size amenities can be more cost effective for the host in the long run. You can easily purchase re-fill bags and store them. The refill bags tend to be cheaper than buying new bottles each time– and better for the environment! Shop Public Goods re-fill bags with your HostGPO discount – better than trade!
- Eco-Friendly: Providing full-sized shampoo amenities means that neither your or guests have to purchase and dispose of mini bottles. This can help to reduce waste and make your vacation rental more environmentally friendly. Public Goods amenities are made entirely of sugarcane (biodegradable!) and so sleek, making them a great option for your rental.
Never know how many amenities to purchase? Shop the Public Goods x HostGPO BasicsBOX. Remember to log-in to your HostGPO approved account to see the discount!
Pros of Offering Travel Size Amenities:
- Convenience: Travel size amenities are much more convenient than full-size amenities. They are easier to store, transport, and replace when needed.
- Cost: Travel size amenities can be much more cost effective for the host. Not only are they much cheaper to purchase in bulk, but they also take up much less space than full-size amenities. Diversified Hospitality is Amazons number #1 provider of travel size amenities. HostGPO’s discount on Diversified beats their pricing – get the discount here.
- Cleanliness: Providing travel size amenities in a vacation rental is cleaner and safer because they are individually packaged, meaning they are not exposed to germs and bacteria. This helps to protect the guests against any potential cross-contamination.
No matter which amenities you choose for your vacation rental, it’s important to make sure they are high-quality and well-maintained. High-quality amenities will add to the overall experience of your guests, while well-maintained amenities will ensure that they have a safe and comfortable stay.
Looking for more help? Read our Airbnb Design Tips to Get More Bookings