HostGPO was featured in a recent blog on Porch.com, a trusted source of home improvement information. The blog highlights the most successful vacation rental experts and their tips for starting a short-term rental business.
Our Director of Marketing, Jennie Engelhardt, shared her expertise on the importance of a welcome book for any vacation rental. See the excerpt below:
What is a welcome book, and what information should I include in it?
A welcome book is a physical or digital book that outlines basic information about your vacation rental, the local area and any amenities or special instructions for the property.
It should include:
- Check-in and check-out information, including a list of any equipment/items that need to be returned to the owner.
- Instructions for basic amenities and appliances.
- House rules and any applicable local ordinances.
- Emergency contact information.
- Directions to the property.
- Local attractions, restaurants, and activities.
- Wi-Fi and other technology information.
- A map or directions to the nearest grocery store.
- Any special instructions for garbage disposal or recycling.
You can also include a fun introduction about yourself, a photo, and your favorite tips on how to make the most of their stay. This will give your guests a personal touch and a sense of what you’re all about. Additionally, you can include a section for your guests to leave feedback and comments about their stay, which will help you improve your service and hospitality.
The guest book makes each stay more enjoyable and helps guests familiarize themselves with their surroundings. It provides a quick reference for the guests if they have any questions or concerns, and is a valuable tool to connect with your guests even if you do not meet face-to-face.
-Jennie Engelhardt at HostGPO